Violets are blue, Roses are SHAWN MENDES

Free Is For Me

So remember in my last blog post about the festival 👀 I briefly mentioned how I received a "fast pass" through VerizonUp since I was a member of their rewards program?!  Well I actually attempted a couple of days after the festival to snag a Super Ticket for my sister to see Shawn Mendes.

Just a quick background on the VerizonUp program. Its easy and free to join. After you sign up you have to earn a credit (which expires within 30days) to gain access to small value gift cards and discounts for select businesses while also having the opportunity to score big with concert, event, and sporting tickets.


Verizon gives two Super Tickets per person. I had to set a timer and log into my app extremely quickly to grab the tickets once the timer ended! (tickets are usually gone within 30 seconds to 1 minute 😲) I was super hype that I actually won!!!! *Later on I tried my luck with getting VIP Seats to see the NY Red Bulls but no luck 😡*

Anyways the concert was on a rainy Tuesday in New York City. My sister and I decided to sit and eat before going to the place because she read somewhere that you couldn't line up within so many hours of the event. THAT WAS A BIG MISTAKE!! The line was wrapped around the corner and we ended up jumping into one of the gaps that was open.

Once inside there was this BEAUTFIUL rose back drop that you could take pictures in front of which was cool (especially since we are in the Instagram/pic era). We were trying to get as close to the stage but we were meet with a gate. This gate blocked off the front half near the stage so I am guessing that was for the people who somehow snagged VIP tickets through the app.


Shawn Mendes did come on the stage a little late. I want to say about 5 minutes after the start time. He did have a live band and also had a good age range of fans. For what its worth he was pretty decent and I loved the confetti drop near the end of his performance. However, as someone who goes to festivals and concerts quite often I was expecting a little more vocal runs, a Capella singing and things of that nature. The show was an hour long which I was cool with because I was tired, hot, and I had to drive back to Delaware.


I was hoping that I would have become more of a fan by the end of his show but sadly I was not. Nonetheless, I still enjoyed the experience and happy I had a good view. I also witness a proposal which I thought was cool. I wish the guy would've coordinated with one of the camera men prior to the show to make the moment even more special.  One thing I would say is that VerizonUp needs to be more diverse when it comes to the super tickets. While waiting for Shawn to perform I noticed that not one past artist was black. This is something that Verizon definitely needs to work on more. I do however like that this was a private show for the VerizonUp members and not open to the public for ticket purchase.

Overall, if you have this cell phone provider I encourage you to further look into the program. About 1,000 customers were able to get free VIP tickets to Something In The Water Festival. (which is why I tried my luck to see if I could win something) With all the money that we pay its nice that they have a rewards system set up for their customers. Hoping they offer some NY Giants tickets in the future.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Do You Know What Today Is??

There Must Be Something In The Water

The Read & The Tea